How do I renew my membership?
- Please follow the link to Renew
- Choose your Membership option from the drop down menu
- Enter your details
- Click the yellow Pay With Paypal button
- Pay using your PayPal account
- Upon payment you will receive a receipt of payment directly from PayPal
- We will receive notice of your payment from PayPal and will process your Membership renewal
- We will issue you with a confirmation of membership renewal, a receipt of payment and your Membership Certificate for 2017. Renewing members can expect to receive this within one week of payment
- This notice of receipt of payment can be used to seek reimbursement for your membership fees from your institution if it is offered, or for tax deduction purposes (membership fees with NAGCAS are GST free)
- Please take the time to update your user profile after renewal
Do I need a PayPal account to renew my membership?
No you can renew your membership with your credit card using the PayPal portal.
How can I get an invoice for my NAGCAS membership?
NAGCAS no longer issues invoices for individual memberships. You’ll receive a reminder to renew your membership with a link to PayPal. Once you’ve paid you’ll receive a receipt. NAGCAS memberships are GST free.
How do I claim reimbursement from my employer?
If you would like to request that your employer reimburses your membership, you can use the receipt you receive from NAGCAS and PayPal as proof of payment.
Can I request to pay multiple memberships on one invoice?
NAGCAS does not issue invoices for individual memberships and each membership should be updated by the individual responsible for his or her own membership.
How much is a NAGCAS membership?
Individuals pay $110 per annum; Institutions and Organisations pay $500 per annum.
Is my NAGCAS membership tax deductible?
Yes, it is tax deductible.
What are the different levels of membership?
- Individual Membership: For career practitioners in the public and private sectors. Individual members can nominate for office bearing positions on the NAGCAS Management Committee. While there are differing categories of career recognition** – the cost of membership is the same:
- Subscription: Entry level membership is open to all individuals committed to the aims and objectives of the Association who seek to affiliate with the Association’s activities. There are no specific requirements for qualifications.
- Associate (CICA) for individuals are employed or contracted to work within the post-secondary education sector and have completed and had recognised minimum Certificate IV qualifications in Career Development.
- Associate: for individuals employed or contracted to work within the post-secondary education sector and have completed and had recognised minimum Certificate IV qualifications
- Professional (CICA): individuals are employed or contracted to work within the post-secondary education sector and have completed and had recognised minimum Graduate Certificate or Vocational Graduate Certificate qualifications
- Professional: individuals who are employed or contracted to work within the post-secondary education sector and have completed and had recognised minimum Bachelor degree or Graduate Certificate or Vocational Graduate Certificate qualifications
**Or alternate pathway as may be approved case by case in line with NAGCAS policy.
I’m not a Career Adviser. Can I still join NAGCAS?
Yes, you can apply for a Subscription level membership, and then apply for a category change as per your experience and qualifications. Please see membership categories above.
What is the NAGCAS twitter account?
How do I meet and keep in touch with other members?
The NAGCAS LinkedIn private group is the main member to member communication platform.
Joining the NAGCAS LinkedIn Group
- Once your membership of NAGCAS has been confirmed you can join the NAGCAS LinkedIn Group, either via your existing LinkedIn profile, or by creating a new LinkedIn profile.
- Please go to the NAGCAS LinkedIn group page, and submit your request to join.
- Your application to join the group will be manually verified, so please allow a few days.
- Once you have joined the main NAGCAS LinkedIn Group, you may also wish to join one or more of the sub-groups, such as for your branch or special interest group. In each instance your membership will need to be manually verified. Please see below for the NAGCAS LinkedIn groups and their access URLs.
NSW ACT: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/3925256
QLD NT Int: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2896101
VIC TAS: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2896072
Disabilities SIG: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4258428
I forgot my password or log-in
On the member log-in page of the website you can request your password or username. If you still require assistance please email email@example.com.
Why can’t I access the member section?
The Member section is open to NAGCAS members only. To access the member section of our website you will need NAGCAS to create your log-in. For more information on your log-in please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is open to NAGCAS members only.
For more information on becoming a NAGCAS member please see Membership
I can’t log-in to Evolve to record my PD
The Activ8-Evlove web site is an indepedent website and used to record your PD, as such your log-in details will be different from the NAGCAS website. If you have forgotten your details NAGCAS administration can access your account to perform a limited range of tasks. Please email email@example.com for assistance.
How do I update my details and preferences for NAGCAS emails?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make any changes to your details or mailing preferences