University of Southern Queensland
Career Development Service
University Switchboard: +61 76431 2100
University Homepage: www.usq.edu.au
Career Development Webpage: http://www.usq.edu.au/current-students/services/careers/employers
Phone: +61 76431 2372
Opening Hours: 9am – 5pm weekdays
G Block West Street, Toowoomba QLD 4350
Building B, Level 1 Atrium, 37 Sinnathamby Boulevard Springfield QLD 4300
Building H, Library Reception, 11 Salisbury Road Ipswich QLD 4350
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) has forged a reputation as one of Australia’s leading providers of on-campus and distance education programs in Australia. With more than 75 per cent of students studying via distance or online, USQ is at the cutting edge of flexible delivery of resources and technology. USQ is a young dynamic university located in three thriving locations across Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, Springfield and Ipswich.
USQ Career Development team provide a wide range of services for regional and national employers seeking to raise their profile in the University environment and recruit quality graduates. With over 26 000 students, USQ Career Development can assist you in distributing information about career opportunities within your organisation to our local and international students.
Career Development Services and Programs
Free online job advertising (AceSS) ■ Career events ■ VFair (Virtual Career Fair) ■ Targeted direct mail and email distributions ■ On-campus and webinar employer presentations ■ Promotional material distribution on campus ■ Mentoring program ■ Industry experience program ■ Work integrated learning placements ■ Networking and Industry Panels
Audiovisual equipment ■ Catering ■ Interview rooms ■ Online presentation facilities ■ Free parking ■ Video conferencing ■ Lecture theatres ■ Television and radio studios
USQ is committed to providing accessible and equitable educational pathways, supportive and inclusive learning environments for students, regardless of their background. USQ is committed to addressing structural and systemic inequality in education and employment. USQ Career Development is able to assist you with recruitment of candidates from various equity groups.
Fields of Education
- Faculty of Business, Engineering, Law and Arts (BELA)
- Faculty of Health, Engineering and Sciences (HES)
Number of Graduating Students (approximate)
(* based on 2016 Graduates)
- Business and Commerce, 1556
- Creative Arts and Media, 71
- Education, 1021
- Engineering and Built Environment, 600
- Health and Community, 534
- Humanities and Communication, 264
- Information Technology, 262
- Law and Justice, 125
- Sciences 203
Manager – Tessa McCredie
T: +61 7631 1106
Graduate Employment Contact – Rebecca Boddington
T: +61 7631 5347
Academic Calendar: https://www.usq.edu.au/current-students/2018-academic-calendar
27 March 2018
VFair. USQ’s Virtual Graduate Career Fair.
Further information and registration details can be found at USQ’s VFair
USQ Career Development offers a variety of opportunities for employers to network with our student cohort.
Connecting with USQ students enables you to:
- Profile your organisation
- Promote career opportunities within your organisation including graduate, vacation or work experience positions
- Engage with USQ students
- Prepare students for their transition to employment
- Improve the quality of future job candidates by communicating your expectations as to what skills, qualities and experiences applicants should possess
- Showcase your organisation’s projects and achievements
- Teach students soft skills such as networking, communication and professionalism through practice
USQ Career Development are happy to discuss with you opportunities to connect with our student cohort.
Some of our existing events, include (but are not limited to):
- Networking Events
- Participation in Industry Panels
- Virtual Career Fair
- Partnership Events e.g. Branded Networking Evenings
On-campus activities can take place USQ Toowoomba, USQ Springfield, and USQ Ipswich.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss this further.