Please select one activity only:
- Visit University of Sydney Career Service only (9.00 to 10.30)
- Visit University of Technology Career Service (11.00 to 12.20)
- Visit Uni of Sydney and Uni of Technology Sydney (9.00 to 10.30 AND 11.00 to 12.20)
- Visit to Google (9.30 to 11.30)
- Ready Grad Recruitment workshop (10.00 to 12 noon)
- Workshop “Design Thinking” at Deloitte’s (9.00 to 12.00)
Activity 1: Visit the Career Services at University of Sydney
You’ll be given a brief tour of the Careers Centre facilities and then escorted to the Business School for a presentation and morning tea. The presentation will cover both the central careers service and the Business School Careers and Employability Office and provide information on each including the number of staff , number of students, core functions and services, delivery model and employability programs. There will also be information about how a central careers service and a faculty-based careers service can work co-operatively over a 10 year period to provide to provide services to students and specifically to undergraduate and postgraduate Business School students who are able to access both services. A tour of the Business School will follow.
Activity 2: Visit UTS Careers at University of Technology Sydney
Careers office on the ground floor of Building 1 for 10 minutes and then catch the lift to the central career service offices on the 25th floor and walk around the offices and examine resources. Meet in the conference room and discuss issues like number of students, number of staff, delivery model, resources, core functions etc.
Activity 3: Combined visit to both University of Sydney and UTS Careers Services
See information above.
Activity 4: Visit to Google Offices Sydney
Tour of the Google Office in Sydney followed by a presentation from the University Programs Specialist team regarding Google’s student recruitment and hiring process and what types of roles Google will be hiring for 2018.
Activity 5: Ready Grad Recruitment Workshop
This workshop is designed to give you an insight how and why employer’s recruit and develop graduate talent. Delivered from an employer point of view and considering a range of industries and sectors, we will be focusing on the Australian market but also sharing some market insights from our recent involvement across Asia.
The informal but interactive session will cover:
- Market insight – quiz on current stats and trends in the graduate recruitment industry both in Australia and abroad
- Unpacking the recruitment process – from online application forms, to psychometric testing and video screening – what employers measure and why
- Latest trends and innovations in graduate recruitment
- Graduate development programs
- Q & A
Activity 6: Deloitte Design Thinking Workshop
This interactive session with design thinking experts from Deloitte will cover how to use design thinking to conceptualise and deliver the career services of the future.
For detailed information on ALL activities, please visit the Pre-Conference Program here, 2017 Pre-Conference Activities
and Register Now